Retirement Villages – leading the field
The Retirement Villages Group Limited commitment:
“To behave ethically, to contribute to economic development and to enrich the lives of our residents, our workforce, the local communities we serve and society at large whilst protecting the environment and the natural resources of our planet.”
Retirement Villages Group Limited continually strives to be a leader and exemplar in its field.
Our regard for people, for places and for the environment marks Retirement Villages Group out as a socially aware leader in its field, while providing the necessary basis for the continued financial success of a business which draws its strength from meeting a clear social and service need.
Our care businesses are professionally regulated and managed. We work closely with the Care Quality Commission (“CQC”) and their inspectors, Social Services Teams, Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Teams, Environmental Health Officers, Fire Safety Inspectors and others concerned with the welfare of residents and staff.
As a business we are affiliated to the Associated Retirement Community Operators (ARCO); The Housing Ombudsman Service; The Property Ombudsman; and Care England.
The Retirement Villages Group Limited board of directors is made up of the following:
- Nigel Welby, Executive Chairman
- David Phillips, Commercial Director
- Will Crawford, Managing Director, RV Developments Ltd
- David Thomas, Director of Care (Interim)
- Sarah Burgess, Managing Director, RV Property Holdings Ltd
- Neil Donaldson, Finance Director
- Oscar Russell, Group Estates Director
- Christina Edwards CBE, Non-Executive Director
The Group Quality, Compliance and Risk Committee is Chaired by Christina Edwards CBE and reports monthly to the Board. The committee meets on a regular basis to:
- Keep the Group’s governance arrangements under review and make appropriate recommendations to ensure that the Company’s arrangements meet best practice.
- Oversee the current risk exposures and risk strategy, development of the risk management framework including risk policies and procedures, and promotion of a risk aware culture throughout the Group
- To monitor the output of the quality, compliance and risk framework to gain assurance the services are delivering quality improvements, standards are maintained or exceeded, and risks identified, escalated and managed.
For more details about each director’s individual corporate responsibilities, please visit the Meet the Team page