Retirement Villages Group is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Retirement Villages Group may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from July 4, 2017.
What we collect
Active collection: information you provide to us when making an enquiry. When making an enquiry or signing up for newsletters, we may ask you to provide us with your name, email address, address or telephone number. We will only use this information to provide you with the information you have requested and where we would like to use the contact details you have provided us with for any other purpose we will inform you and obtain your consent before proceeding.
Passive collection: information which is automatically collected, without your knowledge, whilst navigating through and interacting with the content on our site, as well as information on your device or computer (such as cookies).
The sole purpose of passively collecting your information is to improve your experience when using our site and web services.
Through the Hotjar tracking code embedded by on our website, the information collected includes:
- Device-specific data:The following information may be collected through your device and browser:
- your device’s IP address (collected and stored in an anonymized format);
- device screen size;
- device type (unique device identifiers) and browser information;
- geographic location (country only);
- preferred language used to display the webpage.
- Log data:Our servers automatically record information which is created upon using Hotjar. Data includes:
- referring domain;
- pages visited;
- geographic location (country only);
- preferred language used to display the webpage;
- date and time when website pages were accessed;
Cookies are small data files transferred onto computers or devices by websites for record-keeping purposes and to enhance functionality on the website.
Most browsers allow you to choose whether to accept cookies or not. If you do not wish to have cookies placed on your computer, please set your browser preferences to reject all cookies, before accessing Retirement Villages. Please note that by doing so some features of the website you visit may be unavailable.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Third Party Services:We use use a variety of services hosted by third parties, such as Hotjar, Google Analytics and Optimizely. These services may collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, such as cookies or your IP request. For information on how Hotjar, Google Analytics and Optimizely collect and use your information, please refer to their privacy policies. By using Retirement Villages, you consent to the processing of data by these third parties in accordance with their privacy policies.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To improve our products and services
- To send promotional emails which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- To send information about our villages, products or services which we think you may find interesting
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes an dislikes by remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This website provides useful information about how to change your browser’s settings should you wish to block or delete cookies. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you could like a copy of the information held on you please write to: 1st Floor, Brunswick House, Regent Park, 297-299 Kingston Road, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7LU
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.