Christmas spirit has not fallen short at Cedars Village and it continued to rise at their Christmas Concert on 14th December.
The Hertfordshire retirement village hosted a full event that not only consisted of songs but also jokes and acting out Christmas plays.
It was a brilliant event of Christmas themed entertainment that brought everybody together.
This event also provided an opportunity to spread Christmas cheer and raise funds for Watford Peace Hospice Care, who offer all-round care and support for people across Hertfordshire with life-limiting illnesses.
The musical theme has been prominent over the December period, at the start of the month Cedars Village had a visit from Chorleywood College for Girls’ choir. These girls once attended school here at Cedars Village and have fond memories of boarding here. The choir enjoyed their return and meeting with the residents whilst helping to raise money for their local school.
Just a few days later into the month, Christ Church School Children’s Choir also came to sing for the residents in the ballroom.
Below is the full programme of festive songs that the villagers most recently performed:
- Ding Dong Merrily on High All
- Hark the Herald Angels Sing All
- The Bells of Waiting Advent Ring Tony K.
- A Danish Christmas Gurli C.
- Santa’s Eve Peter J.
- Winter Wonderland & Santa Claus is Coming to Town Cedars Singers
- A Monologue…And Yet I Don’t Know David C.
- A Christmas Poem by Christina Rossetti John F.
- A Christmas Story Pam B.
- The Holly and The Ivy All
- The First Noel All
- Fun with Extend Doris & Co.
- Gabriel’s Revenge Jenny P.
- The News Barrie & Sarah
- Chestnuts Roasting by an Open Fire Bernard D.
- A Poem to My Female Friends Wally J.
- Make Yourself a Merry Little Christmas Jan.S.
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens Play Readers
- Good King Wenceslas All
- We Wish You A Merry Christmas All