At some point in the future, residents or their representatives may need to sell a property in one of our villages. This can be a sensitive time for residents and their families which is why Retirement Villages Group Ltd offers a bespoke first class in-house estate agency service to help.
Our regional sales managers are qualified estate agents with extensive knowledge of the property industry specialising in the retirement sector.
They will work with our centrally-based sales and marketing staff and the respective village manager to sell the property as swiftly and smoothly as possible.
The sales team will co-ordinate with the village manager and undertake property viewings explaining in full details what the lifestyle and location has to offer prospective purchasers as well as the benefits of each property, including detailed information on the financial implications of buying.
The services we provide include:
- Market appraisal based on extensive knowledge of the local market place
- Probate valuations
- Full & extensive marketing literature about Retirement Villages Group
- Individual, colour property details with EPC & floor plan (included)
- Local and national advertising alongside regular open day events
- All pre-owned properties featured on the Retirement Villages website
- All pre-owned properties Listed on online property portals such as Rightmove & Zoopla
- Accompanied viewings at all times
- Timely viewing feedback
- Regular feedback to the vendor/estate on progress of marketing
- Meeting with village manager to outline financial implications of buying
How to start the selling process
Speak to your Village Manager in the first instance who will introduce you to your Regional Sales Manager.
The Regional Sales Manager will arrange a convenient time to visit you or a family representative at the property and explain the process in detail.
We will start the process just as soon as you are happy to proceed.
Additional costs to be aware of
The Assignment Fee
The assignment fee is payable to the freeholder every time a property is re-sold. All properties sold by Retirement Villages are sold on a long leasehold basis and when the property is re-sold the lease on that property has to be ‘assigned’ to the new owner – hence the expression ‘assignment fee’, sometimes called an ‘Event fee’.
Service charges are a condition of purchase. All properties pay an annual service charge up until the day of completion of the sale. Service charges cover the running costs of the village.
Meet the sales team
Meet our regional sales manager Darren who is supported by our centralised sales team at our Surrey head office.
Darren Welch, Regional Sales Manager, Central Region
Former golf professional Darren has worked in the property industry for over 20 years internationally and in the UK. He joined Retirement Villages in 2010.
To find out more please complete the form below or alternatively call us on 01372 383 950.