Active village life at Avonpark, Wiltshire
Each of our retirement villages has its own individual personality – created by the residents living there. It is their village and they are instrumental in shaping village life and the type of community in which they choose to live. Keeping things running smoothly and working on behalf of the residents to ensure they lead happy, fulfilling lives in retirement is our Village Manager Sylvester Harker.
You can also read about one of our residents Tony Slee, who is very happy at Avonpark kindly agreed to share his story with us.
Here at Avonpark, there is an active social life with a broad mix of special interest groups and social events organised by residents for the residents, but always supported by the Retirement Villages’ on-site staff. There is always plenty to do at Avonpark… Here is a taster.
- Afternoon talks – range of visiting monthly speakers
- Supper club – monthly get together over dinner
- Film club – monthly film screenings
- Singing group – weekly meeting followed by tea
- Painting for pleasure – weekly for painting and drawing
- Book club – monthly discussion on chosen book
- Music group – listening to classical music
- Ladies talk group – topical chat and tea
- Gentle exercise – weekly exercise with trained teacher
- Music – selection of concerts
- Bridge club
- Church attendance – weekly lifts to local church
There is lots for residents to do at Avonpark – for more details visit our facilities page and meet the Retirement Villages’ staff who help ensure you enjoy a fulfilling lifestyle at Avonpark.