Residents at Debden Grange enjoy Mamma May's Christmas StuffingCopy link
Residents here at Debden Grange are getting into the festive spirit by cooking up a wonderful stuffing using our chef Poala’s recipe. Poala took this recipe from her partner's Mum and adapted it to make it her own! She is always creating delicious and mouth-watering recipes to serve to our residents and to share so that you can enjoy them too.
Here is the recipe so you can try them for yourself, and perhaps add them to your Christmas day feast!
(to feed 8 to 12)
- 8 slices of white bread
- A good handful of parsley
- 1 large onion
- 2 eggs
- Seasoning (salt and pepper)
- Take crusts off the bread slices and either break up with hands or use a blender and roughly chop. Add to a large bowl.
- Wash parsley and dry, add a good amount (handful and a half) to the bowl with the chopped up bread, then season.
- Roughly chop the onion and mix in the bowl.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and add to the bread and parsley mixture, mix well with a fork or your hand.
- Line a tray with baking paper. Grease baking paper with butter and shape the mixture in the tray. Bake in an oven 180 degrees for 20 mins approx.