Following months of behind the scenes meticulous planning and sympathetic restoration work to the magnificent main building at The Priory is about to enter a new chapter; thanks to a £1M overhaul currently underway.
Work on the grade II listed building has been in progress for many months, residents, guests and members of the public will be invited to see the fantastic facelift for themselves, when the refurbishment is officially unveiled this summer.
The programme of work has included:
- Full refurbishment of the Garden Room and full redecoration of the Forum; including décor, new furniture, floor coverings, new lighting, repairs and decoration to the main entrance lobby and staircase.
These main communal areas will provide a more attractive setting for residents to enjoy.
- Structural repairs to the clock tower and high altar tower in excess of £500,000.
- Transforming the old hair salon into a new laundry room and relocation of the hairdresser service.
- Overhaul of the village’s popular swimming pool.
- Brand new carpets and décor through other areas of the building.
Sean Corney, Estates Manager at Retirement Villages Group Ltd said:
“The Priory has already seen an extensive refurbishment program to the main building and key areas of the communal facilities. This is a significant leap to bring the village up the standards of living our residents expect, and importantly can enjoy in an exciting community. We have been conscious to ensure the features of The Priory are maintained, but to a modern standard with more environmentally friendly heating, lighting and equipment.
“The work will provide a higher standard of living for the residents at the village, and a better all-round experience within the communal facilities. The start of this works has already attracted new residents to the village, and we are not quite finished yet. The refurbishment works continue to be ongoing as part of the plan, which we expect to be completed by this summer.”
Here are some photographs which show the progress to date. Please come back and take a look over the coming months as the changes are made.