Your dream of living in a retirement village just became a tangible reality
Buying property with Retirement Villages Group can be more manageable, and potentially more affordable, with Part Ownership.
Our Part Ownership scheme, additionally known as retirement shared ownership, could be an attractive option to consider when planning your retirement.
Available only for our new build properties in the following villages:
- Charters Village – Award-winning Charters Village provides an age-exclusive independent retirement lifestyle for residents on the outskirts of East Grinstead on the Surrey/West Sussex border.
- Elmbridge Village – Elmbridge retirement village near Cranleigh has a multi-million-pound central clubhouse, making this a highly sought after place to buy.
- Lime Tree Village – This award-winning retirement village is centrally located in Warwickshire with an Edwardian mansion providing the communal backdrop.
- Debden Grange – Our brand-new village situated in Newport, Essex is an exclusive development, a short drive from the picturesque market town of Saffron Walden.
- Meadow View at Moat Park – A brand new development of beautiful spacious cottages within Moat Park, Essex awaits new owners.
For more information on our village locations please visit here.
Our Part Ownership scheme could help you buy one of our retirement properties on a shared ownership basis by part-buying and part-renting. This could make acquiring one of our properties easier than ever.
How does Part Ownership work?
It’s very similar to a Help to Buy scheme – you simply buy a share of your home and pay a monthly rent on the part you don’t buy.
Here’s how it works:
- As the buyer you can initially purchase a 50% share of the property and live in your home as if you own it outright.
- The choice of purchasing outright(owning 100% of the property) remains yours throughout your entire occupation. Until you make this decision, or if you decide not to, you simply pay a monthly rental on the other half to your landlord (Retirement Villages Group).
- And when it comes times to sell, if you are a 50% part owner, any proceeds, or losses, from the sale will be split 50/50 between yourself and the landlord.
Other benefits of Part Ownership
One of the primary aims of this scheme is to assist people looking to release equity from their property to fully maximise their retirement and enjoy the years ahead that extra bit more – maybe releasing money from the existing property sale for a few holidays, to fund a further property overseas, or to spend money on the family.
Part Ownership means that you can afford all of the benefits of a new build house, as well as all of the exclusive features (full use of all facilities and amenities, to use as your own) at any one of our retirement villages, without missing out on all the other good stuff retirement has to offer!
The resident is also responsible for 100% of the assignment fee.
For more information about our Part Ownership scheme please contact our head office sales team on 01372 383950 or complete the form below, and we will be back in touch with you.
To find out more about other ways of buying property with us, visit here.