The safety and wellbeing of all our residents and staff has, and will always be, the top priority for Retirement Villages Group. We’re the pioneers of retirement community living in the UK and have been setting the standards for residents’ welfare for over 35 years, so it’s important for us to achieve and exceed the government guidelines.
For many, the benefits of protective and considered community living are more appealing than ever, so we’re working hard to ensure we can enable as many people as possible to make the move to a retirement community.
The first step of this process will involve a village tour, and although we are offering virtual tours in response to the pandemic restrictions, for those who’d prefer to visit the village in person, we’ve conducted extensive risk assessments and introduced a variety of procedures to ensure we maintain the safety and welfare of residents, visitors and our village teams.
What you can expect when you visit us:
- Book an appointment – In order for us to have the time to thoroughly clean and disinfect both the properties for viewings and high traffic and touchpoints areas (door handles, chairs, counters/desks, banisters etc) village tours and property viewings must be by appointment only.
- Pre-visit health questionnaire – All visitors must complete a health questionnaire prior to their visit which will be sent to the village for review in advance of the viewing appointment.
- Temperature checks – All our staff members have daily temperature checks as standard and we conduct temperature checks on every visitor to the village.
- PPE provisions – We will supply visitors with face masks, sanitiser and PPE where necessary.
- One-way systems – We have introduced one-way systems around our villages to ensure everyone is able to socially distance successfully.
- Increased cleaning regime – We have increased the amount of cleaning that’s happening around our village common areas.
- Sanitising stations – We have set up sanitising stations throughout our villages.
- Track & Trace – All visitors will be required to complete a registration form sharing your contact phone number and address so that we can remain in contact should you, or anyone you’ve come in contact with at the village develop symptoms up to 14 days after your visit. You can also scan the QR code if using the Track & Trace app.
What you can expect when you move in:
- Recommended suppliers – Each village team has a number of suppliers that they can recommend to help with your move. We take care to ensure that any company or individual that we recommend will be well briefed on safety measures at the village and adhere to our enhanced procedures.
- Pre-move testing – We will encourage you to take a COVID-19 test at least 2, and no more than 14 days before you move into the village. This helps to protect all parties and ensure we reduce the spread of the virus unknowingly.
- Isolation – We will encourage you to self-isolate for a period of 10 days after moving into the village, if you’re shielding and it’s safer for you to do this in one of our fully-furnished units (where available) whilst the removals are conducted then we can support you with that.
- Use of PPE – We have ensured that our stock of PPE equipment is replenished regularly so that we always readily have plenty of masks, gloves and sanitiser available around the villages. Perspex glass partitions have been installed in common areas where interaction with our teams and residents have to take place –for example in the reception areas.
- Food and essentials – During periods of lockdown, or if you are shielding/vulnerable our village teams can arrange for food and/or shopping to be delivered directly to your door, whilst observing strict social distancing practices to ensure your safety.
The light at the end of the tunnel…
The COVID vaccine is being rolled out across the UK now and several of our villages have already had the vaccination administered to both residents and staff. We are working tirelessly to ensure we are able to bring it to our communities as swiftly as possible. We are committed to continuing with our enhanced safety procedures for as long as it continues to protect our residents, staff and visitors alike.
For some these measures may seem off-putting and/or intimidating and we sympathise with that. We would however stress that we concur they are the most effective way of reducing the spread of viruses and therefore we feel we have a great responsibility and accountability to our residents, staff and visitors to ensure they are adhered to for as long as necessary.
We want you to feel as welcome and as supported as possible in starting this new chapter of your life. As a move to one of our retirement communities is about living your life the way you want and focusing on your wellbeing, we will assist and protect you to the best of our abilities.
Download our visitor leaflet here.