A message of reassurance and support from Will Bax, CEO, Retirement Villages Group, for residents and visitors.
In order to prioritise the health and wellbeing of our residents and staff, we have now taken the decision to temporarily stop non-essential visits to our villages with immediate effect. Any necessary visits to the village must be pre-approved.
We have not taken this decision lightly; the safety of our residents is paramount. Practically speaking this means:
- We are postponing open days and public events until further notice.
- We will NOT be conducting viewings on available accommodation for prospective purchasers in our existing communities until further notice.
- Essential visits, including from carers, health specialists or in relation to necessary buildings maintenance will continue. Our suppliers and contractors have reassured us that they are following all relevant guidance.
- We have further restricted access to non-essential visitors. These includes family and friends.
- Visitors should continue to follow NHS advice on hygiene, particularly as Coronavirus presents a greater risk to older people.
Continued protocols and processes:
- As a matter of course, please ensure that you wash or sanitise your hands thoroughly on entry, and again before you leave the village.
- Increased cleaning in the communal areas will continue to be in place until such time as the crisis has been resolved.
- We are continuously liaising with our suppliers, contractors and care partners to ensure they have suitable plans in place.
Finally, please continue to follow the NHS advice:
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds.
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work.
- Use hand sanitiser if soap and water are not available.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- Discard your used tissues in a bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards.
Thank you for your assistance.
Here are our tips for social distancing: