We’ve been busy thinking of ways to keep our communities, and the wider community, connected through these unsettling times.
Our staff have been working hard to support our communities with the implementation of our wellness program ‘Connect’; made possible through our incredible local partners, all of whom have risen to the challenges that this landscape has created.
- Food delivery, straight out of our village restaurants. These are chef-inspired meals delivered straight to our residents’ doors.
- Working with local partners to provide supplies to our village shops. We then deliver straight to our residents’ doors.
- Wellness calls, not only from our village staff but also from our teams across the organisation. These are calls not only to check if things are as they should be, but also to have a general chit chat and get to know each other.
- A brand new ‘Connect’ newsletter, printed and delivered weekly to every resident’s door. We provide health tips, things to do and ways to keep connected with family and friends. We’ve also extended this to an E-newsletter delivered to residents’ inboxes with links to TV shows, online health advice and things to keep busy and interested.
- Resident ‘Connect’ dedicated Facebook group – a place where residents can keep in touch with each other, share photographs and ideas and have access to a forum for discussion amongst themselves.
- Woodland walks and trails through our village grounds and gardens. Our gardening teams have been busy preparing and maintaining pathways and also planting some amazing flower and vegetable gardens.
- Establishing our ‘Your Community Connect’: a virtual community that not only showcases our communities but looks at the great articles, videos and online resources made available through and from the wider community. We think that everyone should be able to stay connected and hope that you enjoy being part of ‘Community Connect’. Please share with your family and friends, and if you feel so inclined, ‘like’ our posts on Facebook too.
The amazing team at Retirement Villages continues to dig deep and think of new and creative ways in which we can support our communities and the wider communities in which we serve. We’d like to say a very big thank you to our residents, staff, business partners and our wider communities.